Payroll and finance assistant role working with reputable company !
Your new company
Well respected public sector local body service is seeking for a Payroll and Finance Assistant for a short-term contract (4 months).
Your new role
- You will be responsible for preparing and processing the input data for the payroll, creditors/debtors and finance systems.
- You will also prepare manual payments as necessary, incorporating the correct application of pay and tax schemes.
Responsibilities also include:
- Reviewing, maintaining, and using established electronic and manual filing systems. Create and update systems and their documentation as required.
- Accurately check and process petty cash and purchase card claims and payments and deal with any related queries.
What you'll need to succeed
- An understanding of payroll services work and the calculations required.
- Good numerical skills to accurately perform calculations to process expenses, other claims, invoices and payroll transactions.
-Experience of using a range of IT applications
-Excellent written communication skills
-The ability to liaise effectively and appropriately with staff at all levels and to ensure an excellent customer focused service.
-Well developed organisational skills
-Demonstrate initiative by identifying potential problems, finds solutions and escalates if appropriate.
-Take a positive approach towards managing change
-Well-developed interpersonal skills
-Able to work on own initiative with limited day to day supervision.
What you'll get in return
- You will be paid up to £14.17 per hour
- You are able to work on a hybrid basis with 1-2 days in the office and the remaining at home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.