Job Title: Decontamination Technician
Hourly Pay Rate: £8.92 to £10.28
Hours: 20 per week
Contract Length: Temporary (open ended)
Grafton Recruitment are now seeking to appoint a Decontamination Technician to assist in the testing and sterilisationof medical equipment for our client. The successful candidate will ideally have a background in a clinical background with experience with sterilisationequipment however, we are looking to speak with candidates from alternative backgrounds.Duties
· Carry out all daily tests and housekeeping duties on the decontamination equipment. Keep all work areas tidy and free from hazards.
· Perform leakage tests on all scopes.
· Decontaminate flexible scopes using the automated washer disinfectors.
· Complete necessary paperwork as part of the quality tracking system for each scope.
· Inform Clinical Engineering of any repairs and complete necessary paperwork
· Report and trouble shoot any problems with machinery to the Supervisor.
· Programme washer disinfectors to self-disinfect as per department policy.
· Change detergents as required and record batch numbers in the control logs.
· Alert the supervisor or the decontamination manager of any consumable low stock levels.
· Put all stock away safely and securely.
· Maintain an awareness of value of endoscopes and kit.Qualifications
· Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and MathsKnowledge & Experience
Decontamination background in endoscopy or sterile services would be desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Relevant experience working in a clinical setting or controlled environment.
- Willingness to undertake full training within the department
- Understanding of decontamination practices and its importance to patient care and quality control
- Team Player
- Understanding of national standards and requirements of decontamination
Hiring Contact: Shannon Adams
Agency: Grafton Recruitment
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact