VAT Advisory Associate - This leading Global Investment Bank is looking to recruit a VAT Advisory Associate to work on an initial 12-month contract within its Indirect Tax Team that covers tax risks within the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa) for a wide range of businesses including investment banking, trading businesses, private banking, asset management, treasury and custody services. Key tasks include:
• Analysing the operating model in several EMEA locations
• Understanding, reviewing, and updating tax compliance procedures
• Providing input into the strategic technology programme to ensure it will facilitate a robust filing process in locations
• Reviewing tax compliance submissions
• Developing an understanding of the products of the relevant lines of business relevant to the locations.
• Developing knowledge of local VAT regimes applicable to the relevant jurisdictions and transactions / products (both tax technical and practical).
• Advising/training internal stakeholders.
• Communicating VAT risks succinctly and clearly to non-tax colleagues.
• Escalating risks internally within the team as appropriate.
• Working with external tax advisors, as well as partnering internally with global Corporate Tax colleagues (including colleagues covering directs taxes) and non-tax colleagues (such as the Business, Legal, Finance, Operations etc.).
• You will be a key member of the Indirect Tax (VAT) team reporting to an Executive Director predominantly covering Location Country oversight and feeding into the Strategic Technology program from the prospective of local processes.
The ideal candidate will have had similar VAT Advisory experience within an investment bank, a big 4 practice or in house at a large business. You will be a qualified Accountant and / or be CTA qualified and have detailed understanding of UK/EU VAT principles and a knowledge of VAT compliance requirements and processes.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.