Due to the retirement for the current postholder, we are now recruiting for a Head of Finance for one of the smaller colleges based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Reporting to the bursar, you will be actively involved in implementing improvements to processes and software within the department, so for the right person this is an exciting time to be joining the business.
Managing a small team of 3 people, you will be responsible for running of all day to day finance activities within the college. Typical duties include:
- Ovesee month end close procedures
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Preparing budgets
- Produce and reconcile monthly schedules for budget holders
- Manage the outsourced payroll
- Regulatory compliance returns, eg VAT, PAYE, Pension scheme reporting
- Mentor and motivate the team, including carrying out personal development plans
- Lead the annual audit process
- Act as systems administrator for finance software
- Adhoc duties as required
Applications are invited from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Professional qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team
- IT Literate - Microsoft Excel and Dynamics GP
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with a flexible attitude
In return, the client are able to offer a friendly working environment, with 33 days annual leave, generous contributory pension scheme, free lunches on site, use of the sports facilities plus other extensive benefits
The closing date for applications for this role will be Wednesday 12th January, with interviews being held week commencing 17th January.
For further information, please apply using the link or for further information, please contact Kul Mahal on