Vocational Teacher (KS3 & KS4)Location
: High WycombeSalary:
£20,859 - £26,137 depending on experience, qualifications and trainingContract Type:
Permanent, Term-Time onlyWorking hours:
8.30am-5.00pm, Monday to FridayBenefits:
About the school
- Sponsored teaching qualifications
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory Gym Membership
- Death in Service benefit
Our client, a private national provider of alternative provision for young people aged 11-16 years, is recruiting two Vocational Teachers for their school in High Wycombe to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for teaching professionals who can deliver multi-disciplinary subjects, up to Level 2. Subjects include Careers, Science, PE, Wellbeing, Enrichment, Equality and Diversity and Art ( although this list is not exhaustive).
As an organisation, they support pupils by providing an accessible secondary education suitable for their individual needs, whilst giving them the best possible opportunities to either return to mainstream education; or access work-based learning, further education or employment when they leave at the age of 16.Overview of the role of Vocational Teacher
Essential requirements for the role of Vocational Teacher
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
- Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students, and by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
- You will develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- You will assess and record progress and prepare students for examinations.
- Link students' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
About Simply Supply
- Minimum of a Level 4 or equivalent qualification in teaching
- A degree or equivalent
- Level 2 in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- QTS or QTLS is desirable, but not essential
Simply Supply are a specialist education and childcare recruitment agency who are committed to supporting our clients and candidates. Over the last 12 years we've had the pleasure of working with nurseries and schools along the South Coast, and now part of the Humly Group, we can support schools and nurseries across the UK.
For further details or to be considered for this role, please get in touch today or apply now.