Role: Project Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Central Milton Keynes
Please note that this role is office based - 3 days per week in the office and 2 days from home.
Pay Rate to Candidate: Umbrella - £385 to £415 or £292.87 to £315.69 PAYE
Advantage resourcing currently recruiting for numerous project managers working on a server migration project. This is initially a 6 month based in Milton Keynes 3 days a week in office. Successful candidates will take responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
Word, excel, PowerPoint - Core renewals team within data centres - windows server, oracle and migration - MS Project
* Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
* Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
* Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
* Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
* Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
* Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
* Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
* Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
* Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
* Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
* Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes
* Experience in leading project management and delivery
* Proven track record in delivering successful, complex IT projects with an element of business change
* Significant knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
* Proven experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
* Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
* High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
* Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
* Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery/ development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
* Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
* Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry or equivalent.
* Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P - Certified Project Manager, Prince 2)
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.