- COVID-19 Testing Manager
- Public Sector - Local Authority
- Temporary role to last until end of March 2022
- Full time - 36 hours per week
- Fully remote
- £21.43 per hour PAYE / £27.33 per hour Umbrella
- ASAP Start required
Working to deliver the Covid-19 testing strategy across Surrey, the role will be part of the team ensuring community testing is enabled in complex settings such as care homes, as well as providing assistance to those complex settings in order to allow them to manage the needs of those in their care.
It will involve problem solving and an ability to use initiative in order to meet the demands of testing.
Working with testing team to develop and implement new testing pathways as they are required, including project work on setting up and continuously improving the service.
The referral and booking team will be the key link between various partners and the testing cell and will need to escalate issues and provide feedback quickly and effectivelyWORK CONTEXT
Brief list of day to day duties and activities
- The role will involve working as part of a virtual team working at home.
- Occasional weekend working/on-call will be required
- It will involve working as part of the testing cell, developing the testing programme across Surrey Heartlands - current and new pathways as required.
- The role includes coordinating referrals for testing in complex settings and essential worker testing. Testing is a high-profile subject and central to the response to Covid-19
- The role will involve handling highly confidential information
- Includes Mobile testing unit (MTU) tasking / escalation cover
- Primary contact for PPE enquiries and issues, supporting the PPE strategy for Surrey Heartlands including working with partners and the regional team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Providing 7-day cover for referrals from public health to ensure complex settings have access to support for testing
- 7 day cover for essential worker referrals
- Co-ordinating courier and assistance for swabbing
- Contacting test setting to coordinate delivery, assistance and collection
- Providing troubleshooting and support to the various test settings
- Supporting management and coordination of generic inbox
- Supporting MTU tasking and out of hours escalation
- Developing processes and setting up of new testing pathways as required.
- Continuous quality improvement of testing services in Surrey Heartlands.
- Working with the team to improve the testing portal processes.
- Daily monitoring of PPE inbox, enquiries, information cascade
- PPE returns as needed to regional team and partners.
The job requires problem solving, communication, IT and telephony skills along with excellent people skills.
The suitable candidate must be able to demonstrate;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to accurately follow instructions
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to operate on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and problem solve whilst working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Highly accurate data inputting skills
- Excellent working knowledge and recent experience using of Microsoft office applications
- Patience, tolerance and sensitivity towards others
- Experience of operational working within services
- Experience of quality improvement of services.
- Experience of working on patient experience initiatives.
- experience of working on computer/IT software packages
- experience of telephone/customer service
- Excellent customer service skills, being able to stay calm during difficult conversations.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy