Duties for this role will be to;
* Advise the public on the requirements of Building Regulations and other related legislation.
* Process complex applications under Building Regulations, liaise with and offer guidance to applicants and draft determinations.
* Carry out inspections to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, engaging specialist colleagues when required.
* Liaise with other Council departments to enable other statutory duties to be carried out.
* Make site inspections of major Licensed Structures, assess structural adequacy and draft licence renewals.
* Deputise for the Principal Surveyors or the Head of Building Control where required.
* Make initial assessments of reported dangerous structures.
* Being an active part of the out of hours dangerous structures team
* Evidence competence at Level 6 in Building Control in preparation for certification with the Building Safety Regulator
* Evidence a knowledge of complex building fire engineering
* Evidence a good understanding of structural engineering with preferably competence at calculation checking.
* Self-motivating and disciplined to achieve goals and compliance.
* Liaise, communicate and build effective relationships within the council, across partners, agencies and the wider local and government community.
* Check application fee and type submitted by applicant to ensure that the appropriate application is accepted by the council. Experience
* Significant experience in building control (Fire and structures)
* Significant stakeholder liaison experience
* Be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Building Regulations in respect of all projects up to and including those which are large complex
* Experience of working under pressure to deliver results within challenging timeframes with limited resources
* Good customer relations - Providing specialist-planning advice to clients
* Working within a team environment
* Experience in assisting and negotiating with design teams and major stake holders to achieve compliance with the BR and associated legislation.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance