Moorpark Place provides person-centred residential care for twenty-five individuals with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and associated conditions. Each resident has their own home within Moorpark Place and are supported by a core staff team. The core staff team support and guide the resident in their daily living through an individualised care package.
Moorpark Place has an onsite therapy team, who work alongside the support staff to deliver person-centred care for each resident. Our therapy team includes Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Music Therapy, and a fitness tutor.
The Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) department at Moorpark Place consists of a Speech and Language Therapist and Speech and Language Therapy Assistant. Together the SLT department work collaboratively to oversee all Speech, Language and Communication needs (SLCN) of our residents at Moorpark Place.
Working under the supervision of a qualified Speech and Language Therapist, the Speech and Language Therapy Assistant will deliver a comprehensive speech and language therapy service to adults with ASD, learning disabilities and other associated conditions.
Main Responsibilities of the Speech and Language Therapy Assistant
* To support the Speech and Language Therapist in managing the day-to-day provision of the SLT service at Moorpark Place.
* To assist the Speech and Language Therapist in speech, language, and communication assessment processes. This includes direct observations of communication skills, carrying out assessments and discussions with communication partners.
* To support and demonstrate effective communication with our residents who have varying levels of speech, language and communication needs.
* To facilitate therapeutic individual and group interventions under the direction and supervision of the Speech and Language Therapist.
* Liaise and communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary team members as appropriate to ensure partnership working.
* To support staff in understanding how to implement total communication strategies and create communication friendly environments through demonstration, explanation, and clear formats.
* To participate in training of staff and other communication partners as required.
* To ensure up to date written, electronic records and data are maintained in accordance with professional and THG standards.
* Develop therapy resources and materials under the direction of the Speech and Language Therapist