Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Manager to work on a full-time, fixed term contract within a secure setting.
The role requires applicants to already possess SC security clearance as a minimum requirement.
Day to day management and leadership of complex projects and project teams across the change lifecycle within a dynamic and flexible environment, to agreed parameters (time, cost, quality).
Champion and implement effective project delivery, supporting the vision to deliver effective change to counter terrorism, including:
* Leadership of a team to bring consensus to what needs to be achieved to resolve business challenges within our mid to high complexity project(s). The Senior Project Manager needs to be comfortable working across the change lifecycle and in both business change and tech enabled transformations and with project value often around £3m-£10m per annum.
* Definition and agreement of the appropriate methodologies, governance and reporting mechanisms to be used across project delivery in line with Portfolio Office standards.
* Ensuring governing forums and senior stakeholders are appropriately engaged with ongoing change activity through briefings, alongside more targeted conversations to influence others and build support for delivery.
* Remote and/or in person task management of a project team within an often reactive environment with moderate to high levels of uncertainty to move towards an agreed delivery end point.
* Development of project product breakdown structures and project / work stream plans with team members, followed by monitoring and assurance activities to ensure project progress is monitored and controlled and dependencies managed.
* Development of Business Cases at appropriate points of the project lifecycle and then ownership and management of these cases through the multi stage CTPHQ governance process..
* Managing commercial processes in conjunction with the CTPHQ commercial team to ensure relevant delivery contracts are in place, then subsequent contract management through the lifecycle of the project(s). The Senior Project Manager needs to understand principles around commercial management and ensure correct controls in place to deliver value for money.
* Proactive management of dependencies and working relationships with other areas of CTPHQ or other external organisations which are required to conduct activities to support project delivery e.g. CTPHQ ICT or Home Office
* Delivering change management activities across the national network - leveraging regional support where appropriate and ensuring the relevant regional stakeholders have input at appropriate points. This will including people change aspects so the Senior Project Manager needs to be comfortable leading HR consultation and selection processes in conjunction with the CTPHQ HR team.
* Experience of senior management within a complex change portfolio
* Experience of influencing, negotiating with, and providing challenge to Director-level stakeholders
* Experience of resolving and escalating risks, issues and conflicts as necessary within a complex change portfolio
* Experience of managing suppliers and contractors, assuring quality and ensuring value for money
* Experience of managing complex programmes and projects
* PRINCE2: Practitioner and / or Agile Project Management Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
* Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
If you would like to apply, or if you have any questions, please call Martin Cookson on (phone number removed)