Salary: up to £37,256 per annum
Start date: January 2022
Contract type: Full time, permanent
At Study Group we're very excited about the forthcoming launch of our International Study Centre at Teesside University. Teesside has a vision to be a leading University with an international reputation for academic excellence that provides an outstanding student and learning experience.
As the Subject Leader, you will provide academic leadership for a cognate subject area (Business, Humanities, Social Sciences & Law) within the programme, working closely with the Head of Subjects and other Subject Leaders to ensure appropriate integration.
* Maintain academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of a cognate group of modules within the programme
* Provide direct line management support for a specified group of full-time tutors. Provide line management support for a specified group of sessional tutors, supported by the Senior Academic Tutor in the subject area.
* Contribute to programme senior management meetings as determined by the Programme Leader to inform strategic planning and resource allocation.
* Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and represent the Centre at appropriate events and meetings within Teesside University International Study Centre, the partner university and externally.
* Under the guidance of the Programme Leader, work closely with Module Coordinators and University departments and Schools to maintain the currency and fitness for purpose of modules to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university degree programmes, and to maximise progression.
* Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a teaching load of 4 hours per week, and provide tutorial support to a specified number of students through the academic year.
* Assure consistency of delivery and standards across the subject provision, liaise with colleagues in centres around the network to share good practice.
* Take responsibility for annual review, academic development and appropriate diversification of the provision (including revision of modules and the development of new modules) in a given subject area.
* A Bachelors degree and a post-graduate qualification in Business or a related subject.
* Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
* Experience of HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process.
* Experience of working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise.
* A sound understanding of UK Higher Education and the student experience.
* Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of working with international students.
* Sound IT skills including MS Office and MS Excel and experience of working with databases.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.