A fantastic opportunity has now arisen for a Purchasing Manager (Goods Not For Resale Procurement) to join our Procurement Team on a Full Time and Permanent basis, the team is 13 strong and this role is one of the key line management roles within that team, reporting to the Head of Procurement (GNFR). Location for this role is flexible but ability to spend time at our Head Office in Newcastle upon Tyne when required.
The GNFR Procurement team are responsible for the sourcing of £180 million of goods and services for our, circa, 2100 shops, Head Office and Manufacturing facilities. The responsibility of the team stretches from Capital to Utilities, shopfitting, Waste, Uniforms, IT hardware and software, Marketing spend and many more categories in-between. This role is specifically to look after the IT and Marketing procurement, with a team of 3 direct line reports (one buyer, two administrators)
This is a great opportunity for someone to develop a Purchasing career in fast moving, successful company and be part of a great team. The successful candidate will need to be an expert negotiator, with strong interpersonal, communication and supplier management skills. It is expected that the successful candidate will ideally have strong IT procurement experience, and Marketing would be a bonus.
This is a Full Time role (40 hours), we know that having a work-life balance is really important so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role.
What yo'll do:
The successful candidate will need to be able to build effective relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring that the needs of the business are met, along with forward planning the required procurement activity to meet tight project deadlines. They will be responsible for managing a specific portfolio of Suppliers some of whom are strategically important to Greggs (e.g. SAP, Microsoft, Barclaycard), while being able to embrace continuous improvement. As part of the Team there will also be a requirement to manage supplier issues and work cross functionally to resolve.
* Developing the strategy for the areas of responsibility to ensure certainty of supply, mitigation of risks, best quality and value.
* Negotiating Commercial and Contractual terms for IT and Marketing suppliers
* Driving value for money ensuring that key research, monitoring and evaluation is completed to ensure value is maintained
* Developing key relationships with suppliers to ensure Greggs receives commercially attractive terms and work towards Joint Business Plans with Strategic suppliers
* Managing and resolving day to day issues with suppliers in a timely and effective manner
* Delivering Procurement Support for Key Strategic Company Projects.
* Support and contribute to our Responsible Sourcing processes and goals ensuring we work within the ISO20400 framework
* Reviewing processes and standards to maintain customer focus and ensuring best practice is achieved
* Developing and fostering good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Strong negotiation experience
* Evidence of development and execution of category strategies
* Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
* Self-starter who is able to plan and organise their time effectively
* Track record of delivering value and continuous improvement
* Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Assertive and tenacious with ability to manage internal and external contacts with diplomacy
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
* Ability to research key cost drivers and ensure that procurement of items are undertaken accordingly
* Team orientated with a passion for achieving both personal and collaborative objectives
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite and ideally SAP
* A can-do attitude and flexibility to working hours is required
* Strong Line Management experience, and a track record of developing teams and talent
What we can offer:
* Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
* Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years' service. (Pro-rata for part time)
* After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
* You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 12.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
* You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
* The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year's salary
Other benefits include;
Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to Work Scheme