One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Programme Manager.
This is an interim contract offering up to £600-£700 p/d inside IR35. Client based in Hertfordshire with mostly home working.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Innovation for Cost Down Key Innovation Program (KIP), including the planning phase for specific projects approved by the Steering Committee. The individual will work with a range of teams to bring project ideas forward for consideration, ensure they are set up for success and monitor progress/risks.
The individual will develop and document the process/approach for the KIP and assist the Innovation Portfolio Director in developing reporting for KIP portfolio.
For the Innovation for Cost Down KIP, act as interim Programme Manager to:
- Direct and co-ordinate all activities necessary to deliver the live program,
- Complete the detailed planning phase of individual projects, in collaboration with business sponsors, to ensure all success criteria are in place before handing over for execution.
- Monitor the overall progress of projects and its use of resources (e.g. materials, budgets, people etc), ensuring corrective action is taken if issues arise.
- Ensure that risk and change management is embedded and followed within a project's execution in line with policy and guidance.
- Produce required Steering committee updates/reports (i.e. progress reports to senior governance boards) and escalate significant issues to the Project Sponsor where necessary.
- Update budget and report project's financial performance against this.
- Work with communication team to promote success for KIP and raise awareness
- Coach Individual project manager (as necessary)
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Previous experience as a senior project manager and/or program manager.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and techniques with associated qualification (Prince 2, APM, PMP or similar)APM or equivalent qualifications
- Experience working with materials / technology company, involved in management of change programs
- Good working knowledge of PPM software tools
- Educated in a science or engineering discipline
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest, please apply ASAP and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.