My client is seeking a Collections & Recoveries Account Manager to maximise the repayment of delinquent and non-performing accounts, in a way that delivers a positive customer experience for both borrowers and investors. You will predominantly focus on arrears collection within the 60-90 days aged category. We are seeking someone with excellent collections experience in the asset finance or automotive industry with technical expertise in all areas of the collections and recoveries process. Excellent salary, bonus and benefits.
- Manage a portfolio of arrears cases over the varying sectors within the 60-90 day aged debt category.
- Work with supplier, vendor and broker partners to bring a positive impact to the collections process and maximise recoveries.
- Arrange sustainable repayment plans through effective evaluation of income & expenditure with customers.
- Review contractual documents and terms & conditions to identify information that can that can add value to the recovery process.
- Responsibility for managing occasional project and development work in the team to a high standard and within deadlines.
- Understand the importance of identifying vulnerable customers and how they should be treated differently from a strategy perspective.
- Responsible for completion of the collection and recovery process in order to minimise risk, prevent arrears and ensure the timely collection of payments.
- Liaise with Asset Management to obtain valuations on delinquent accounts, ensure these are recorded and information used to make informative and balanced decisions.
- Review cases for bad debt provision recommendation, completing necessary paperwork for Head of Collection.
- Strategically review accounts where recovery is unlikely or not cost effective make recommendation for w/off.
- Liaise with Collections Team Leader on serious delinquencies and help to minimize losses
- Minimum of 2/3 years Collections experience specifically in bad debt collection, insolvency, litigation and asset recovery.
- Knowledge of contract and consumer credit is essential.
- Finance & Leasing or Motor Finance background essential.
- Strong negotiator and decision maker.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work within a structured process, managing tasks efficiently and effectively.