Link3 are recruiting for motivated individuals who have an interest or passion for Education & Teaching; Candidates are required to work as Cover Supervisors across a variety of Schools and Academies in Derby/Derbyshire.
So what is an unqualified teacher? An unqualified teacher is a member of staff who covers teachers' non-contact time by supervising a variety of classes. An unqualified teacher's main job is to manage the classroom behaviour and ensure that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
This role is perfect for individuals who are looking to get into teaching or have a general passion for Education.
Although many schools specify a BA honours degree as a minimum educational requirement, having a lesser qualification with experience of working with young people can be just as effective for an unqualified teacher.
Typical responsibilities of an unqualified teacher include:
- Teaching grammar
- Managing behaviour
- Discussing and debating texts with pupils and answering questions
- Differentiating and allocating extension exercises
This position is very flexible and can be full or part-time on a temp or perm basis. If candidates excel within the role some schools are prepared to offer teacher training and a direct route to becoming a Qualified Teacher (QTS).
Link3 Recruitment is committed to offering you:
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A supportive, creative and enthusiastic team
- A stimulating environment and ethos
- We require an enthusiastic candidate that has a passion to innovate and raise standards as well as attainment.
- A good sense of humour, the ability to relate and communicate well with young people are essential.
- As a minimum, all applicants must have; a recognised bachelor's degree (teaching or non-teaching), have a positive and open approach to managing behaviour and be passionate about your subject which is evident in your performance. Applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks and should hold current DBS checks registered to the update service.
Link3 Recruitment strongly believes that a "Chain is only as strong as its weakest LINK" and our job is to ensure that every candidate we place has a positive impact on the team of their new employers. We are recognised by our personal approach whilst also maintaining the core values of Link3; Professionalism, Efficiency & Integrity.
To arrange a visit, apply for this role or obtain more information: please telephone one of the Link3 Team (See company details)