Working from home with commute to Cardiff 1x per month for meetingsClient Details
My client is a large Financial Services business based in South WalesDescription
The Operational Risk Manager is a key role in the 2nd line team.
Managing 1 other member of staff, this hands on role will be responsible for;
Leading the strategic development, maintenance, and promotion across the business
- Operational risk management framework and corresponding risk processes/frameworks and systems.
- Risk appetite framework
- Risk culture
- Leading the development of the Risk strategy and vision for the second line with support from the Head of Risk and Compliance and CCO.
- Lead development and production of second line consolidated risk reporting to principle risk committees including Board, ensuring risk reporting is of high quality and insightful.
- Lead 2nd line oversight and support of the strategic planning process, strategic risk register and emerging risk register
- Member of the risk leadership team, encouraging collaborative working and delivery of value adding, risk-based oversight to the business.
Qualifications: Degree level qualification
- Experience within a 2nd line risk role
- Core understanding of all risk types,
- Expert level knowledge of operational risk management frameworks
- Proficient in all MS packages
- 3-5 years management experience with the financial service industry or another regulatory body
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with demonstrable capabilities to influence up to and including Executive level
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to identify the root cause of risks and issues and understand possible strategic implications
- Ability to draw upon commercial acumen and strategic/solutions based thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present up to and including Board level
- Ability to work in an agile manner, ensuring delivery of key priorities
- Excellent attention to detail but able to
- quickly grasp the big picture
- Resilient and able to hold personal
- independence and opinion
An initial 3 - 6 month assignment.
The role is home based with 1 day required in the office for meetings
The role can be done in either 4 or 5 days.
4 days - up to £500 per day via and Umbrella company
5 day s - up to £450 per day