infrastructure Project Manager, Decommission, Storage, Cloud, Wan, Microsoft stack, Hybrid working
A leading investment house is seeking a solid and proven Infrastructure Project Manager can help this company with a large transformation project and plenty of Data Centre work.
The Project Manager ensures that the project delivers the agreed business benefits on time, to budget, to the required quality standard, all within the Project Governance framework.
- Responsible for developing, in conjunction with the Project Sponsor, a definition of the project(s) and ensures the project is effectively resourced and manages the relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
- Responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilising resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
- Responsible and accountable for the delivery of several projects which report into a wider Portfolio of change.
- Produce detailed project reporting and governance adherence
Responsible for delivery of a suite of primarily IT infrastructure projects with a security focus. Management of Infrastructure & Corporate Technology projects is required.
- Significant practical experience of leading and managing Corporate/Infrastructure change programmes across an end-to-end project lifecycle gained within a large organisation
- Extensive hands-on experience of delivering complex IT change projects in a fast-moving organisation
- Have responsibility of delivering change programmes with budgets in excess of £1m
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft server and desktop solutions, vendor organisations and suppliers and standard practices
- Excellent communication skills with practical experience of supporting technical teams to formulate and articulate business benefits through the construction of business cases
- Demonstrable experience of quantifying the effort required to deliver a solution whilst articulating any implications of any proposed solution on the wider business and existing systems
- Experience delivering large Microsoft based Infrastructure/Desktop, Linux/Unix, cloud services and security focused projects - good all round knowledge of most things in the infrastructure/application delivery space
- Experienced in creating well-structured and good quality project documentation with excellent skills in the use of the MS Office suite of tools and MS Project
- Experience of using Microsoft Project Server or similar, to produce and maintain high quality project plans
- Strong personal work ethic
- Motivated delivery focused individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a 6 month contract with an excellent chance of extending infrastructure Project Manager, Decommission, Storage, Cloud, Wan, Microsoft stack, Hybrid working
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.