* REQ(phone number removed)
* £19,000 per year, (£10.44 per hour)
* West Croydon, Surrey
* 35 hours per week
Managing a Scope charity shop is retailing with a difference. With us, you'll know your efforts are making this country a place where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else
As Shop Manager, you'll have autonomy to run your shop using your creativity and flair to flourish in our retail environment. Our retail roles are full of variety, and every day is different! From generating and processing stock to designing an eye-catching window display or recruiting and training our wonderful volunteer team you'll find every day challenging but extremely rewarding. You will have experience or skill in the following areas but a great attitude and willingness to learn is just as important:
- Leadership. You will have some leadership experience and will strive to motivate and inspire your team to be the very best they can be. You will need to be able to organise and prioritise a busy working day. We will help you to become confident in talking about the important work of Scope. You will also play a vital role in the recruitment and development of our volunteer team.
- Customer Service. Our customers are at the heart of all we do so you'll want to provide the very best customer service and be a focal point in your local community.
- Being Commercial. Working within a framework you will use your commercial skills to spot sales opportunities.
- Stock Management & Merchandising. We want to provide our customers with the best stock package on the high street. You will play a central role by generating stock, choosing which stock is suitable for sale, ensuring our pricing is correct and then maintaining high merchandising standards on the shop floor.
- Teamwork. At Scope, you'll find friendly faces, welcome cuppas and chats with everyone in the team.
Your onboarding training, Springboard to Success, will set you up for success. Plus, you'll have 'on the job' training, working alongside our colleagues and learning how to drive sales by recycling our donations that will inspire you to become a Scope Disability Gamechanger.
You'll be passionate about retail and have a love of fashion with experience of running a shop. Or you'll be looking for a management role as the next step in your career. To be successful, you'll need a commercial, can-do attitude and always put the customer's needs first. You'll be a dedicated team player with a strong work ethic, a great attention to detail, solid IT skills and a creative eye for displays. We ask you demonstrate an appreciation of Scope's values and ambition of achieving Everyday Equality for disabled people.
It's important for you to know that Scope Charity Shops are open every day, so some weekend and Bank Holiday cover is needed. We work 35 hours a week, working five days out of seven. Weekly hours for part-time vacancies are on a seven-day rota.
Our Values - Pioneering, Courageous, Connected, Open, Fair
By living our values and trusting each other, we empower our colleagues to make decisions. By giving our colleagues freedom and space to spark creativity for innovation, we can push boundaries, change mindsets and be empowered to change the game with grit and determination and a sense of urgency.
If you want to make a difference and become a Disability Gamechanger, we'd love to hear from you. Apply Today!
Application closing date 08/02/2022
We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and embrace our values of being open and fair, courageous, connected and pioneering. We believe hard work deserves reward and recognition and offer a wide range of benefits including 35 days annual leave in Retail, 27 days plus Bank Holidays working in our Head Office, flexible working (where we can), company pension, excellent training and career development, strong colleague networks across disability, race and LGBTQ+, wellbeing incentives like a discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, and much more.
Who we are at Scope?
Scope is a disability equality charity in England and Wales. Together we are Disability Gamechangers. We belong to one team, dedicated to achieving a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness. Our mission is to achieve Everyday Equality for disabled people, and we campaign tirelessly to create change.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to seize every opportunity to build a truly diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are always looking for applications from disabled people. If you are disabled and you have the skills and, or the experience to do the job, we really want to interview you. Just let us know in your application that you are applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you would prefer an application form or need any of the job information in a different format such as large print or braille. Please contact us via our website
Please note that successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check