Based in Chapel- en-le- Frith
Salary - 50-55K
Responsible and accountable for all aspects of manufacturing and engineering within the Value Stream (VS)
* Chair local EHS meetings and ensure all parties complete agreed actions.
* Conduct and audit STOP observations/ actions as part of monthly local EHS meetings.
* Review Risk Assessments monthly as part of local EHS meetings.
* Conduct monthly safety audit. * Ensure correct procedures are followed for disposal and control of waste. Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost (SQDC) * Ensure SQDC boards are updated daily.
* Carry out daily briefing (Tier 2)
* Ensure all relevant parties attend VS/SQDC Improvement meeting.
* Chair Monthly VS/SQDC Improvement meeting.
* Identify VS/SQDC Improvement actions and delegate to ensure completion. Problem Solving
* Ensure escalation procedure is adhered and propose improvements to the escalation procedure.
* Support supervisors with solutions to basic problems.
* Support & audit practical problem solving (PPS) activities as triggered.
* Ensure kaizen events meet their objectives & are aligned with priorities. Labour
* Ensure labour flexing in line with demand & between Value Stream Set holiday control targets.
* Conduct formal hearings according to Disciplinary & Grievance policy.
* Monitor long term sickness (LTS) and short term sickness (STS) in line with Chapel site targets.
* Support rehab plans to deploy medically constrained members.
* Audit return to work (RTW) interviews according to absence management policy.
* Monitor & control any overtime working within all areas.
* Audit and control of Payback. Training
* Support training and development of team members - upskill to eliminate skill gaps and/or improve productivity.
* Coach and mentor supervisors to support on-going development through annual appraisal / performance management plans.
* Support bi-monthly training plans to develop team members
* Agree annual development plans in line with succession planning through appraisal and performance management.
* Ability to conduct a performance management meeting and provide feedback. Maintenance
* Escalate maintenance issues in line with escalation procedure.
* Ensure maintenance improvement plans are implemented. Federal Mogul Operation System (FMOS)
* Provide specific support for lean projects and to be actively involved in implementing lean philosophy across the Value Stream including the implementation of FMOS.
* Identify and improve productivity opportunities through continuous improvement initiatives.
* Conduct monthly 5s audits and support 5s corrective actions. Material Utilisation
* Review supervisor leader standard of work (LSW) to ensure compliance. New Product Introduction
* Support and co-ordinate activities for NPI, make recommendations for NPI improvement
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.