What does Nodes & Links do?
Did you know that an ancient Roman Aqueduct had an initial cost of 12 million sesterces but ended up costing more than 30 million? Big projects have always been problematic to humanity - we want to fix that.
We make DeepTech SaaS software to help people who deal with very large projects. Basically, if someone is building a nuclear plant or a large highway, they need a special kind of software to organize and prioritise their work.
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which complex, engineering projects are planned and delivered. Our algorithms look at the project data and provide users with previously-unattainable insights. We do so at an unprecedented speed and ease, whilst promoting collaboration and information sharing within teams.
And this is only the beginning.
TechNation thinks we are one of the best AI start-ups in the UK, Construction Tech Review says we are one of the best start-ups in in the EU/UK and AWS views us as disruptors of the industry. We are part of University of Oxford's Creative Destruction Lab and Entrepreneur First alumni. We recently won the 'Risk Innovation' award from CIR, and have been shortlisted for AI product and innovation awards at CogX and by the British Construction Industry.
Having secured our Series A funding ($11 million yippee ) we are looking to grow our team at an accelerated pace so that we can match our ever-growing demand.
We currently have an Engineering team of 12, divided between Data Scientists and Developers. Data Scientists are responsible for creating the AI, with Developers responsible for the platform and its broader infrastructure. Our product is hosted in AWS, and we have a natural tendency for the state-of-the-art.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded and ambitious start up in a dynamic and mission-driven environment, leading the growth from a start-up to a fully-fledged organisation.
You will also be helping to solve one of the oldest problems of mankind and potentially save the economy billions - not bad right?What will you do in the role?
Full life cycle of Python back-end algorithm engineering (on AWS), from design to production. Being product-driven, you will be responsible for data structures and algorithm architectures that perform highly at scale. Working towards high-value product features, you will be engineering novel algorithms to unlock capabilities that were previously practically impossible.
- Placed at the heart of the prestigious Nodes & Links AI team
- Work together with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Developers
- Python. Python. Python. A lot of Python, at production quality standard: pandas, numpy, networkx, multiprocessing and numba will be your playground. You will be expected to be the master of boto3
- Identify the most suitable algorithmic solutions for product feature requirements
- Complex algorithms: you know your way around recursive, (back-)propagation algorithms, and pub/sub frameworks
- Performance engineering at scale (concurrency, vertical and horizontal scalability)
- Contribute to internal tooling that is critical for us to scale
- Communicate complex engineering concepts in simple user-centric terms
You'll be joining a team of creative and intellectually curious engineers. We are eager to learn any technology and skill required to get the job done, and share their knowledge with the rest of the team.
With a strong culture of ownership and responsibility, we believe that our job is not done until the job is done.We're looking for someone with:
We're also excited if you have:
- Ambition to be a world-leading Python expert (on AWS)
- Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- 4+ years experience developing and productionising Python algorithms
- Experience building Docker images and running containerised applications
- Production grade experience with AWS serverless services
- Work experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. AWS CDK) and boto3
- Appetite and capacity to keep up with emerging technologies
- Adaptability, autonomy and appetite for ownership - we're a small yet fast growing startup so things change fast
What if you're a partial fit?
- Experience with complex networks (graph) algorithms
- #Start-up experience (VC-backed and/or at Growth stage)
- Working on data-heavy, deep-tech products
- An eye and a skill for self-explanatory viz charts
We prioritise grit, positivity, and drive for growth, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.Location
UK or Cyprus or Remote (GMT/CET/EET time zone)
- Hard working but not workaholic
- Explorers. Data is our compass and innovation our destination
- We are independent thinkers. We are not afraid of looking where no one else is
- Team players. We believe the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts
- We have strong opinions, weakly held
- Continuously evolving the way we do things. Even our #donut dates
Nodes & Links is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.