Lead Google Cloud Architect, Managing Consultant / PrincipalDescription
Are you technically minded, pragmatic, and passionate about technology? Are you a team player who enjoys both leading and working within teams of consultants and clients, sharing their knowledge and building skills and talent within the wider organisation? Do you have an understanding of the current technology drivers, future trends and concerns that Impact business Industry and society today? If yes, then read on!Here's what you will do
As a managing consultant at Credera you are able and eager to apply your skills to a range of situations. Our technology architects are responsible for designing and delivering modern technology solutions for our clients. You will create an end-state architecture, define a roadmap to achieve the end-state and work closely with the delivery teams to build a technology solution which meets the proposed architecture.
At other times, you will be using your experience and lively curiosity to form a viewpoint for a client in the shape of an assurance report or a proposal.
We're growing fast, so we're looking for people who want to expand our architecture capabilities and take a role in developing themselves, nurturing others and supporting the business growth while maintaining our collaborative culture.Hours
This is a permanent role within our Technology function. We consider flexible ways of working, that allow the best outcomes for our people and clients. Working closely with our clients is key to successful outcomes, and so travel both UK and international is a requirement.Responsibilities
Who you are?
- Deliver cloud architecture projects on client engagements, working with innovative and scalable data processing and cloud technologies;
- Understand the client's business, industry, and strategy to create an analysis of the current state, develop an end-state architecture and roadmap that meets the client's vision and needs;
- Present well-argued options and viewpoints to create alternative solution approaches;
- Provide technical leadership to development teams and guide the client in a way that allows them to understand technology in the context of their business;
- Keep up to date with individual Google Cloud product specialisations and certifications;
- Develop a working culture which allows diverse teams to collaborate in an inclusive manner where everyone's contribution is valued;
- Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in time without impacting delivery schedule;
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology, and effectively support our Google Cloud partnership;
- Contribute to the recognition of the Credera brand through publishing viewpoints and attending industry events;
- Develop and mentor others and invest in continuing your own professional education
It would be ideal if you had the following attributes:
- Pragmatic, and passionate about technology;
- A good team player who can lead and support teams of consultants and clients, sharing their knowledge and building skills and talent within the wider organisation;
- You have a thorough understanding of the current technology drivers, future trends and concerns that impact business industry and society today;
- Experience of solving complex problems with wide and unclear initial scopes, creating consensus and helping stakeholders reach decisions, structure work and communicate complex information;
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) familiarity e.g. Organisation, GCE, Cloud Storage, Stackdriver, etc. Ideally have a good understanding of the competitors on the landscape who compete directly with the Google Cloud, e.g. AWS & Microsoft Azure;
- Solid understanding of traditional and Cloud technologies including fundamental characteristics of cloud, cloud-native design fundamentals, best practices such as Google Cloud solutions reference architecture;
- Experience in technology architecture, able to help our clients assess their current technology maturity, identify gaps and shape a comprehensive, end-to-end digital blueprint and technology roadmap;
- Experience of best-practice SaaS products that can complement existing architectures;
- Knowledge of network, storage and compute technologies and their applications and architectural patterns within both on-premise and cloud platforms;
- Able to bring to bear knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components, vendor solutions and emerging technology trends in one or more industries;
- Experience in architecting digital and multi-channel technology solutions, covering all layers of the technology stack, from presentation through to physical infrastructure;
- Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops, and shown ability to influence others through persuasive communication.
Who we are?
- Have a professional GCP certification, e.g. Google Cloud Data Engineer, or Google Cloud Architect;
- Architecture, design, and implementation of Big Data technologies such as BigQuery, Bigtable, Spanner, Dataproc, PubSub and Dataflow;
- Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience with serverless compute products such as Cloud Functions, Kubernetes, and Cloud Run.
- Experience with networking approaches and technologies within GCP;
- Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in Jenkins, Gitlab/Github, Cloud Build or equivalent source code management and CI/CD tools;
- Experience of automating infrastructure deployment; using any of Deployment Manager, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet;
- Fluency in an additional European language.
Credera is a consulting firm focused on strategy, transformation, cloud, data and engineering, with over 600 consultants around the globe. Our purpose is to make an extraordinary impact on our clients and our people. We adhere to Credera core values of Integrity, Tenacity, Personal Touch, Humility and Pragmatism at all times. Our inclusive culture has resulted in us receiving a number of Great Place to Work accolades, including the Excellence in Well Being Award 2020.This is what you get in return
Along with a great company culture, Credera provides an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan.
Our consistent growth over the years and entrepreneurial environment, provides an excellent platform to embark upon an exciting career path, where your contribution really counts, and we will recognise it. With personalised development opportunities, experienced colleagues around the globe and exciting client assignments, progression can be extremely rapid for high performers. We are a social bunch of people and connect as a team on a regular basis. You can also expect:
- A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
- A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
- A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
- 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
- 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
- Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
- Choice of brand new tech with personal budget to choose IT accessories & handset of your choice.
As a part of Omnicom Precision Marketing Group, our more than 600 consultants across the globe partner with some of the world's best-known brands in a variety of industries, including clients ranging from FTSE 100 companies to large government departments, delivering strategy and execution leadership to create tangible business results. Credera's deep business acumen and technical expertise, combined with a deep dedication to build trusted relationships, unlocks extraordinary business performance to our clients. Our mission is to make an extraordinary impact on our clients and our people. More information is available at www.credera.co.uk.