We currently have an opportunity for a .NET Developer to join the IT department within a large legal firm.
The successful applicant will have experience of developing .NET applications with an emphasis on designing and implementing these applications using C# .Net and in using SQL Server for data access.
Experience of ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API and .NET Core are highly desirable as is the use of Team Foundation Server for organizing work and source code. Additionally, experience of Xamarin, Blazor and mobile application development would be advantageous.
You will provide support for a variety of existing internally developed applications written using ASP.NET or Windows Forms, in both Visual Basic.NET and C#.
You must also be willing to learn and help support other solutions that are a key part of the business systems architecture and form dependencies with solutions you will be responsible for.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Project managing own time and meeting deadlines for application production.
- Planning, designing and conducting the testing of programs; correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an error-free result.
- Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Providing 3rd line support to the IT Support team.
- Taking part in reviews of own work and work of colleagues.
- The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and a great team player.
If successful you will be joining a unique culture which is based on hard work, exceptional talent, ambition, understanding, innovation, and good humor. The culture is friendly and collegiate, but a professional atmosphere is maintained. All staff have access to industry-leading training and mentoring to ensure they reach their potential.
Some of the benefits on offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Corporate social responsibility day (one per calendar year)
- Christmas shopping day (one per calendar year)
- Death in service
- Auto enrollment pension scheme
- Remote working
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for local businesses
- Professional fees paid (subject to requirement for your role)
- Employee recruitment incentive scheme
If you are interested, please forward me an up to date copy of your CV, give me a call on 02920 371821.
If this doesn't look quite right for you, please let me know what it is you would be looking for as we work with lots of large clients across Wales and South West looking to hire for remote, hybrid or office based positions.
Every month we reward hundreds of people for recommending their friends to Hays. If you Know of anyone who may be interested in this role, or any others within the software development industry, please do forward their details. https://www.hays.co.uk/refer-a-friend