Job Title: Junior Site Reliability EngineerReports to: Tech LeadContract: PermanentLocation: Remote/HammersmithAbout Oddschecker Global Media
Oddschecker Global Media ("OGM") is an iGaming publishing group with a team of over 200 motivated and hardworking individuals based across the globe. Having long being aligned with Sky Betting & Gaming, we have recently been acquired by Bruin Capital in 2021.
OGM comprises three affiliate brands (Oddschecker, WhoScored, CasinoSmash) and a digital media agency (VIME) with offices in the UK, Barcelona and Lithuania, and products operated in regulated markets across the world, including in the UK, USA and across Europe.
OGM is a market leader in the gambling affiliate space with oddschecker being the leading name in odds comparison globally. The UK online gambling industry has been one of the fastest growing and technologically innovative sectors over the last 5 years and OGM has been at the centre of this. Our current focus is on product innovation and international expansion.What you'll do as a Site Reliability Engineer
We need someone who...
- As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will ensure our customers get the best quality of service and up time we can give them.
- Identify where we can expect and how we can tolerate IT failures from our systems as well as those we depend upon.
- Work closely with our developers and architects to build and run services and systems that respond consistently to failures by gracefully degrading our services.
- Be responsible for ensuring the systems and applications we launch remain available, reliable, and efficient at accomplishing their duties even as their duties scale and evolve.
- To be involved in every part of our site, from conception of products and their development to deployment, troubleshooting and analysis.
- Design, build and automate tools and processes to ensure and improve scalability, availability, and performance across areas of technology.
- Build, integrate and run tools to inject, predict and identify infrastructure and service failures on an ongoing basis to help optimise our sites.
- As a team member you will contribute, oversee, and implement technical projects and have a say in what Technology Oddschecker uses.
What you'll get back from us
- Has a desire to learn new technologies and apply them where appropriate to improve the quality of our software and processes.
- Experienced at a junior level as an Engineer
- Experienced working with Cloud based providers (Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure)
- Some experience working with infrastructure as a code - Terraform, Google Deployment Manager, AWS CloudFormation
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background (Centos/Ubuntu)
- Ideally have some working experience troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- Understand and troubleshooting TCP/IP network stacks
- Experience with HTTP web technologies (Tomcat/Apache/Nginx/HAProxy) and highly available, scalable web architecture
- Good understanding of database administration (MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in at least one configuration management solution (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/SaltStack/cfengine).
- Experience in using monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Cacti, Icinga)
- Programming skills (Java, Go, Python, Bash)
Alongside a challenging role with real growth potential, you will also receive:
· Competitive bonus %
· Free Sky HD package, Broadband and discounted Sky Talk
· Subsidised Puregym membership
· Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
· Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
· £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
· 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)