Are you an experienced Senior Accountant
looking for your next opportunity?Pay:
February 2022 - July 2022 with potential extension (5 - 6 months)Location:
Solihull - possibility to work remotely and attend the office when requiredRoles Responsibilities:
To be successful within this position, you would require the following attributes:
- To deliver corporate financial requirements in line with internal and external regulations and timescales.
- To play a key role in the co-ordination of the financial forecast reporting.
- To play a key role in the strategic budget process for the business and manage detailed reviews of the relevant base budgets.
- To apply technical expertise/professional analysis to high level problem resolution, using consistent technical judgement to guide decision making.
- To provide high-level technical expertise or professional advice, to maintain and/or develop systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services including support to policy development and policy review.
- To assist in the monitoring and recording of the service teams output against performance targets and to take any corrective action as required.
- Provide interpretation, advice and guidance on the operation and implementation of external regulations and statutory requirements and internal financial regulations.
- Prepare reports of a high standard to DLTs, the Corporate Leadership Team, Member Executive, Scrutiny and other Senior Manager meetings.
- Contribute positively to key meetings including but not limited to Cabinet Member Decision and Scrutiny sessions, DLTs, CLT and Financial Leadership Team meetings.
- To ensure that all Council financial policies, processes, practices and systems are operated and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements.
- To work alongside the Team Finance Manager with the Director of Resources to support the corporate budget setting process and Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- To assist in the provision of core financial revenue and capital forecasts - salaries, income and contracts.
- You are a qualified accountant
- You have at least 1 years relevant experience in Local Government Children's Services (preferably Social Care but and/or Education) - Desirable
- You have Account closure experience
- You have the ability to guide and manage work of Senior Accounting Technicians
- You are able to work in the post which does fall under IR35 rules
This is a great opportunity for the right person. If you feel like you are suitable, please apply directly to this ad.