Food Audit and Safety Coordinator
Up to £25,000 dependent on experience + Company Car
WHSmith is a leading, global travel retailer for the world's travelling customer. Since 1792, we're proud to have grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand, and we're proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey.
Today, we have more than 1,700 stores in over 30 countries across the globe, serving millions of customers every year. In the UK, you'll find us at airports, railway stations, hospitals and at motorway service areas. Making our customers' journeys easier is our passion. Whether they're travelling by air, by foot, by road or by train, we are there for them. As one of the world's leading travel retailers, we are the trusted home for travel essentials in the UK and it's how we support the millions of journeys made each year.
As a diverse group of over fourteen thousand colleagues, our people and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. And we know to succeed on our own journey, we need the best people. We are currently seeking a Food Audit and Safety Coordinator to join our Retail Operations team for our Travel Head Office.
As Food Audit and Safety Coordinator, you will be working in an important and rapidly growing part of the business. You will be responsible for co-ordinating food and hygiene operations in our stores, to deliver a food safe environment and consistent processes across the estate. You will support with delivering the successful setup of food and hygiene processes in new and existing stores, cafes and food stockists, adhering to legislative compliance requirements at all times.
This role will involve UK wide travel, therefore flexibility is essential. This will include regular travel to our London office. We will provide you with a company car.
What you'll be doing:
• Completion of internal food audits in accordance with food safety legislation and supporting follow up actions
• Management and coordination of internal food audit schedule
• Development and implementation of food safety best practices ensuring alignment with latest legislation and industry best practice
• Supporting creation and development of training tools (including e-learning) and managing compliance
• Delivering training on food safety procedures to upskill store and field management teams
• Assisting with the production of business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness of food safety and store hygiene
• Reporting of store compliance metrics and implementing follow up actions as required
• Monitoring the stores usage on the temperature monitoring system and follow up with stores
• Be the head office contact for store queries and requests regarding the temperature monitoring system
What we are looking for:
• Experience in a similar role is preferable
• Higher certificate in food control qualification highly desirable
• Good understanding of Food Safety Legislation and industry best practice
• Level 3 HACCP desirable
• Coffee / Barista knowledge preferable
• Excellent written communication with ability to produce detailed reports
• Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• The ability to meet tight deadlines
• Be comfortable to work within a fast paced environment
• Team player
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Willingness and flexibility to travel with a valid UK Driving Licence
This role would be suitable for a recently qualified Food Officer but all applicants with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Why join us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday, store discount card and lots more. For customer focus, career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity. If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.