Fancy working in the Channel Islands for the spring term and beyond?
Amazing opportunity to live and work in one of the warmest parts of the UK if you are an experienced DT Teacher. The islands are beautiful and if you love the outdoors, this is the best part of the UK to live and work.
Teaching D&T to KS3 & KS4, but the role also includes elements of KS1 and KS2 teaching of D&T as well. They have the traditional offer of GCSE AQA Food & Nutrition / GCSE AQA Resistant Materials. A great post for an aspiring, ambitious middle leader, NQT or up to UPS3
In return you will get: -
* Free accommodation
* Free flights or Ferry with your car
* No bills
* A daily rate of up to £170 (depending on experience and skills)
* Holiday pay
* Dedicated consultant to support your journey
The school are looking for a dynamic and passionate teacher of DT.
1. Teach effectively to meet the needs of all pupils
2. Plan, prepare, evaluate and modify as necessary personal teaching methods, work programmes and teaching materials.
3. Mark and maintain records of pupils' work.
4. Promote the general progress and welfare of pupils in classes and groups or individually
5. Assess and record pupils' personal and social needs, development, progress and attainment.
6. Provide or contribute to oral or written assessments and report on individual pupils and groups;
7. Contribute to and participate in corporate planning, self-evaluation, INSET and professional development in assigned areas of the curriculum
You need to: -
* Be able to commit to a minimum of one full term (this role may be for two terms)
* Have QTS and can teach DT (ideally resistant materials)
* Be able to plan, prepare and deliver exciting and innovating lessons
* Have strong classroom management, and able to manage any challenging behaviour in a calm and effective manner
* Enjoy meeting new people and getting to know others on the island
* Enjoy outdoor life
We specialise in supporting schools in the Channel Islands find the right supply teachers within the primary, secondary and SEN sectors. We give teachers the opportunity to work in the most beautiful islands within the UK and support you on this journey, from your initial application right through to getting to the island and continuing your island life.