Interested in working for a large international charity with a strong social mission? Want to work for a close-knit, vibrant finance team under supportive leadership? Are you a confident finance professional seeking a varied, hands-on role? If yes, then look no further!
Robertson Bell are once again proud to be partnering with this inspiring international charity to help them find a Finance Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. Based in London, this role is the perfect opportunity for someone who has previous experience working in an all-round focused role and is now looking for a new challenge.The main responsibilities of this Finance Officer role are as follows:
- Full responsibility for receiving all income to the charity and ensuring that it is accurately processed and uploaded on the system correctly.
- Sole charge for preparing reports on all data related to income upon request from the line manager or external stakeholders.
- Play a key role in the preparation of bank reconciliations and build strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to support on any invoice or finance related queries.
- Prepare all data related to Gift-Aid, ensuring that the terms are compliant with HMRC prior to submission.
- Take the lead on the banking of all cash received by the charity and chase any outstanding payments as required.
- Provide invaluable support in the organisation's accounts payable process, ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely fashion.
This role is for a forward-thinking organisation and offers a brilliant opportunity for candidates who are looking to join a supportive finance team within a complex establishment and a strong mission. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive benefits package including a generous employer pension contribution, opportunities to work from home and a study support package upon completion of the probation period.The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience working in a Finance Officer role of a similar capacity.
- Ideally begun actively studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification, but this is not essential.
- Preferably, previous experience working within the not for profit sector.
- Strong understanding of Gift-Aid.
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and be a proactive worker.
If you are interested in this Finance Officer opportunity, please do not delay applying as CVs are being reviewed daily and it is likely to be filled before the closing date.