On behalf of our client, we are seeking an Electrical Systems AIT Engineer for a minimum of 10 months. As the Electrical Systems AIT Engineer you role will involve working with the UK instrument interface engineer as well as the remote instrument team to prepare, debug and execute the functional test scripts and procedures required for instrument testing post installation on the spacecraft. Role:
Electrical Systems AIT Engineer - Instruments Pay
: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella Contract:
Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 10 -month contract Location:
Stevenage IR35 Status:
Inside SC Clearance:
- Current hands-on experience of writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft tests from the Central Checkout System (CCS). Knowledge of Elisa and/or Open Center would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of UDMS scripting would be an advantage.
- Spacecraft systems and subsystem technical knowledge and awareness, e.g. Data Handling, Packet Utilisation Standard, Data Bus Communications - 1553, Spacewire, RF system, Power systems, batteries, Solar Arrays, Thermal Control, heaters, thermostats and FDIR.
- Experience in testing of flight instrument (radar in this case) at spacecraft system level.
- Ability to interface with a remote instrument test team during preparation of spacecraft level instrument integration and test.
- Spacecraft electrical system knowledge
- Awareness of 'cleanroom' disciplines.
- Willing to support shifts if required. (Potentially travel to Europe for test campaign).
- Electrical/Spacecraft Systems fault investigation and test sequence debug.
- Preparing test procedure and sequences from test specifications, writing test reports, and supporting test and non-conformance reviews.
- Competent in the use of various test equipment used for electrical measurements, e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, current probes, Data acquisition unit, data bus monitors (1553 MilBus probes/analysers).
- Experience of electrical integration of equipment on a spacecraft.
- Working knowledge of TMTC Databases.
- Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
- Experience of environmental and launch test campaigns.
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Programming and scripting languages, in particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"