Wholesale Conduct Risk - Across all Grade (Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Manager) (Inside IR35)Contract Length:
6 MonthsEngagement Type:
PAYE / Umbrella Location:
?London (Remote, with the possibility of Hybrid working)We are looking to speak to candidates across the Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Manager grades for this project, please apply if you have the below expertise:Responsibilities:
The PersonQualifications & Skills:
- We require the individual to support technical client projects and internal product development around risk and regulatory issues within complex trading and wholesale businesses.
- Support the development of trading and wholesale conduct topics for Banking clients. Dependent on interests, skill-set and commercial considerations topics include Market Abuse, Benchmarks and Risk Free rates, FX Conduct, Standards in wholesale markets and Electronic trading.
- Support the delivery of our consulting projects.
- Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and any new relevant regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
- The individual may also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk issues supporting related areas and client challenges.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Good understanding of activities which wholesale banks undertake (e.g. Trading, Sales, Treasury)
- Understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front-to-back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
- Familiarity with the role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product Control, Treasury and Compliance.
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
- A practical understanding of the 'three lines of defence' model.
- Flexibility, proactivity and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking engagements.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Experience of financial products and front-to-back controls either through working in a Front Office, Risk, Compliance, Change, Control or consulting environment.
- Risk management experience within a banking, market infrastructure and/or asset management organisation is advantageous.
- Experience of regulation impacting banks trading functions - Mifid II, EU BMR, SMCR, MAR.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients' most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.