Financial Controller (1 st finance hire) | Process automation startup | Hybrid working model (WFH + City, London) £70/75k + options
Talentedge have been exclusively engaged by an early-stage SaaS startup who specialise in process automation (currently sub 30 heads) on their first in-house finance hire.
With a hugely impressive leadership team in place (consisting of academics, management consultants and sector-qualified professionals), strong Seed funding behind them and with a Series A in sight, this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the next big startup coming out of London!
Working closely with and reporting into a high flying and exceptionally commercial COO, as Financial Controller you will be responsible for bringing in-house & setting up their internal finance function.
You'll be fantastic for this role if you are seeking a commercial yet technical finance role whereby you'll have autonomy to build a best in class accounting function, capable of supporting this rapidly scaling business. Key responsibilities to include:
- Design and roll out of scalable processes and controls, continually evolving and automating
- Preparation of monthly board pack consisting of consolidated management accounts with analysis and commentaries
- Support COO on financial planning, metric/KPI analysis (CHURN/LTV/CAC/ARR/MRR etc) and future fundraising activities
- Statutory reporting and tax work
- Ensuring accurate SaaS revenue recognition
- Manage transactional finance (AP/AR/bank/credit control, payroll, expenses etc) using technology to automate where possible.
- Qualified accountant with a strong academic background
- A high growth tech background (ideally with SaaS or subscription business model experience)
- Xero experience
- Effective communicator, comfortable working with teams across the business
- Highly collaborative individual who likes working as part of a team, and creates strong working relationships and trust
- Self-starter, able to design and implement new processes, not just work within existing ones
- Flexible person who adapts well to the constant change of a rapidly growing business working at pace.
Please get in touch ASAP!