Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Glasgow or Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a Change & Release Manager for an initial 6 month contract - with the potential to extend - on a rate of £465/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
- Adhere to and maintain good practice for both business and technical release planning, using appropriate change processes and tools including monitoring of risks and dependencies, participation in continuous improvement activities for release to improve release planning.
- Work across team boundaries including Product Owners and Project leads to ensure release and implementation processes are built into programme plans and sprint activities at key points in the development cycle.
- Implement regular checkpoint and assurance activities for release to monitor, control and progress agreed actions.
- Maintain, monitor and review release and decision artefacts and ensure these align with existing Programme Library/ Programme Configuration to provide evidence to support assurance reviews.
- Maintain complex and sensitive relationships across teams with competing priorities to deliver the agreed release schedule.
- Actively participate and build on the existing continuous improvement activities at all levels including learning from lessons across team and departmental boundaries to gather insight, explore, and develop workable solutions to improve release.
- Communicate release/implementation details and schedules of release management across the Programme, engaging with stakeholders in a clear, concise and positive way.
- Provide clear information for programme communications across a range of audiences on the status of releases in a timely manner.
- Support team members and manage workloads - creating a supportive environment that helps the team grow, mature, develop upskilling plans, and promote a culture of knowledge sharing.
- Work collaboratively across teams and respond creatively to tough and every changing challenges within Change and Release Management.
- Demonstrable experience of techniques for planning, monitoring and reporting on deployment of business and/or technical changes into a live operational environment.
- Significant experience of working collaboratively across different areas and managing relationships with a range of internal and/or external stakeholders to land change safely into operations.
- Extensive experience of using project management tools and methodology in medium to large scale projects and/or programmes.
- Experienced at tailoring complex information, to present to a range of audiences, both verbally and in written form.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch