Working within the EU Marketing team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering and executing high-level marketing programs to drive user acquisition, win-back and retention, and to keep a player-focused mindset on all activities created.Requirements
- Build and execute effective Go to Market plans in coordination with the Marketing Director.
- Build innovative marketing campaigns that engage & acquire players, grow the player base and drive ongoing campaigns throughout the Live Service.
- Be the key contact for marketing agencies to manage outstanding data-driven marketing campaigns and provide reports with insights, analysis and learnings, as well as creative needs.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to evaluate touch points in the customer journey, while improving tracking to measure ROI and KPIs with efficiency.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director and the Regional Strategic Leads, create strong product positioning, target audiences and messaging relevant to support the local Go to Market Plan.
- Work with the following teams: PR, influencer, social media, owned channels, trade marketing, sales & external partners to ensure all plans are co-ordinated, complimentary and deliver against agreed KPIs.
- Develop the influencer strategy in collaboration with the Marketing Director; and conceive of, and execute, Influencer Marketing campaigns across the territory, consulting internal stakeholders and working with specialist agencies for implementation.
- Conceive and execute community and influencer event plans in collaboration with local teams and the development studios across the business. Digital or IRL as the circumstances dictate.
- Manage approvals of marketing activities with stakeholders.
- Champion allocated title both internally and externally.
- Under the leadership of the Marketing Director, manage the territory marketing budget for all allocated titles, ensuring costs are fully and accurately tracked & reported.
- Be up to date on the latest trends and innovations in analysis, brand partnerships, event management, influencer marketing and media-buying
- Support the Marketing Director with ad hoc requests as and where required.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director deliver Go to Market plans that:
- Partnership agencies management & execution of local partnership activities, if necessary, for the campaign.
- Work with External Creative agencies and internal Creative Services Studio to deliver needed territory campaign assets to desired standard & quality on allocated titles.
- Management of territory agency roster, as required.
- Perform post-mortem analyses following key marketing campaign milestones
- Be S.M.A.R.T., with specific focus on developing effective marketing metrics to gauge success and build future learnings
- Stay within agreed budgets
- Maximise return on investment through judicious use of the marketing mix
- Be data driven with defined KPIs across disciplines
- Deliver on product unit and revenue goals across the full lifecycle of the product
Marketing Director, Western Strategic Lead, Executive Director SEE Marketing, GM EU Commercial & Publishing, Sales team, PR Team, Influencer Relations team, Distributor Partner, Project Teams, Finance Department, Creative Services Studio, Analytics team, Community teams.Knowledge & Experience:Essential:
- A good experience of planning and executing marketing campaigns, especially in digital marketing with a results-driven mindset
- A gamer with a strong understanding of players' expectations to create the best and most relevant plans, as well as experience and knowledge of game as a service product
- Very good project management capabilities and planning, with good knowledge in online tools to save time and work efficiently
- Excellent at writing presentations with strong attention to details
- Proven experience in planning and managing community engagement programs
- Significant experience of marketing/management.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the different requirements for European or International markets and have prior experience of delivering to different local territory needs.
- Experienced in delivering innovative above-the-line promotional activities, with an active and evolving knowledge of promotional opportunities, technology and trends.
- Good and confident communicator/presenter, with proven ability of working effectively across a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Must have previous experience within the computer games industry and on a live service.
- Strong project management capability.
- Experience of working to KPI's
Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
Excellent knowledge of the Western games market.
Prior experience marketing games in the ANZ, Nordic and UK regions, ideally MMORPGsCompetencies, Skills & Attributes:Essential:
Holistic outlook - able to think and operate both creatively and commercially.
Open and engaging - able to effectively manage the receipt, sharing and implementation of input and feedback within an international, multidisciplinary game team.
Motivating and energising - able to influence the marketing plan to demanding timelines.
Tenacious and creative - able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
Organised and diligent - with good time management and proactive communication.
Attention to detail - particularly with the creation and management of briefs, plans, reports, budgets and schedules.
Responsible and self-motivated - able to take ownership of projects in order to drive them forward, demonstrating by example.Desirable:
Understanding of game development, experience within a development studio.Other:
Shows passion and excitement about entertainment, keeping up to date with developments and trends.
Willing to travel and stay away from home.
Valid passport to enable international travel, where necessary.
Keen interest in and knowledge of video games.
Interested in and knowledgeable about technology.
Additional languages a plus, but not compulsory.
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability. Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment, or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.