We require an experienced Assistant Design Manager/ Technical Manager to uphold and over see aand assist with Design for current nationwide projects.
Salary: £29,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + fantastic package.
Our client are one of the UK's leading construction and development companies with a history of delivering large scale projects including Student Accommodation, Hotels and PRS schemes with values ranging £20m-£100m.
Role Purpose and Summary
With a flexible approach to support all business activities, the Senior Design Manager is responsible for managing the design and development process on multiple projects ensuring they meet the customer requirements and those of the business.
The Senior Design Manager would be required to deliver the following:
* Develop comprehensive and quality designs whilst working within the commercial parameters of the project budget.
* Strive to exceed the customers' expectations by offering innovative and added value ideas.
* Ensure designs are energy efficient with minimal environmental impact.
* Ensure designs are developed to ensure a safe working environment complying with H&S regulations and future maintenance requirements.
Core Objectives - Specific Expectations of the Role
* Review consultant appointments and the scope of services for the design teams and ensure compliance with the agreed scope of the appointment.
* Liaising with the Project Manager, lead the development and management of the design process and deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinate these with procurement and construction programmes.
* Liaise with the Commercial team, lead the development and implementation of design proposals, data, deliverables, and reports within both the constraints of the contract (inclusive of any BIM requirements) and internal commercial objectives.
* Manage and ensure effective communication with the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties, sub- contractor elements or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications and all design interfaces are captured, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
* Provide advice and guidance on the "buildability" of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
* Clearly communicate expectations for design deliverables with designers and the wider project team.
* Track and report progress against the design deliverables programme/schedule.
* Liaise with and manage submittal requirements to client representatives, the design team and third parties such as statutory bodies/authorities as required (e.g. town planning, building control and utilities).
Please get in touch today with our Consultant Alex Marsh on (phone number removed) for more details on opportunities available, or apply below with your CV.