Join us now to be eligible for a £500 Welcome Bonus subject to terms and conditions.
Are you ready to be Outstnding?
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provied FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
* Dedicated learning and developmetnt programmes
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
* Free DBS check
* Refer a friend scheme reward system - earn up to £250 per referral
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Eveing
* Employee recognition schemes
* Company share saver scheme
* CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family & friend's grants
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to join one of our Services in Hyde. This service is easily commutable from surrounding areas via local transport links. This will be quite an intensive service, supporting several individuals requiring various levels of support. These individuals have mental health issues, autism and physical disabilities. You will be reporting to the Service Manager and will be responsible for Support Workers and Waking Night Support Workers. You will need to be flexible, as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays & weekends.
You will need to:
• Ensure that the individual needs of people we support are met to the highest standard.
• Support the Service Manager to ensure that staff are trained to meet the needs of the people we support and their training complies with CQC.
• To support and deputise for the Service Manager in developing the staff team
• To carry out management tasks as directed by the Service Manager
• To ensure the service delivered is of a high standard and meets and exceeds the CQC standards in line with the values of CareTech.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
• To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
• To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events.
• To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
• To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
• NVQ 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care.
• At least 12 months experience in a similar position.
• The ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience supporting individuals with mental health issues, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
• The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
• The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
COVID - This role and the service users we support requires you to confirm you have been/will be double vaccinated against Covid 19 by the 1st April 2022. We are are required to ask for evidence of this