The Domestic Assistant is part of the care team and as such works with other staff and maintains a clean and safe environment for all Service Users and staff.
• Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
• Ensure the Home's furniture, furnishings and fittings are sufficiently clean.
• Ensure all surfaces of floors, walls and ceilings are sufficiently clean.
• Clean carpets when necessary.
• Empty wastebaskets and yellow/black bins daily ensuring that waste is disposed of safely in line with the requirements.
• Clean all internal windows monthly.
• Clean all bedrooms thoroughly once a week on a rota basis. Ensure that the communal areas are cleaned daily.
• Ensure all sinks, en-suites, bathrooms and toilets are cleaned daily.
• Chemicals must be stored in line with the COSHH requirements.
• Re-stock paper products and dispensers.
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
• Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
• Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
• Genuine interest in working in a social care environment.
• Demonstrate care and compassion.
• Team player.
• Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
• Training support and development opportunities
• 5.6 weeks annual leave
• Fully funded training
• Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
• Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
• Car through salary sacrifice
• Cycle to Work scheme
• NEST pension plan
• Nurse and carer referral scheme
• Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
• Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
"Maria Mallaband Care Group's main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government's UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy."