We are looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to join one of the four Health Service systems in the United Kingdom. This is a contract role until the end of April 2022
You will do/be:
- Procurement duties and responsibilities
- To provide high-level expertise, knowledge and support to the Associate Director of Procurement and Contracts in the strategic management and development of the Procurement and Contracts function.
- To contribute significantly towards financial savings delivery targets (CIP)
- To line manage the Procurement Team on a day to day basis
- To contribute in developing policy and procedures related to the procurement work area and identify and propose changes where appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of procurement policies within the Trust.
- To deliver an agreed portfolio of complex high value contract spend/projects, using Procurement, contract management experience and knowledge to produce and develop complex specifications, tender documentation and evaluation methods.
- To manage the analysis, interpretation and comparison of detailed offers through computerised report production and recommendations, to identify value for money, whole life cost and service options, and using presentation, influencing, negotiation and change management skills, to maximise cost savings and improve upon the cost avoidance and risk management benefits for the Trust.
- To manage the development and enhance the performance of agreed key Trust suppliers, reviewing and improving on their service delivery/cost, regularly undertaking commercial research, audit and analysis and using benchmarking procurement best practice and supply chain reviews, to actively contribute to the Identification, delivery and achievement of cost savings and efficiencies across the contracting and procurement process as a whole.
- To develop and achieve contract management responsibility and non-pay spend, a demonstrable and significant increase in contract cover, ensuring performance targets and objectives related to the post are achieved to timescales in the provision of an effective contracting service to the Trust.
- Working on own initiative and within area of responsibility, to ensure full compliance with Trust policies and procedures, SFIs/SOS and EU procurement rules and regulations when tendering and contracting for goods and services, using professional judgement and providing advice, information and guidance to ensure the delivery of an efficient and responsive contracting service to the Trust.
- To manage and maintain the Trust database of contracts, ensuring details are reviewed and updated on a regular basis and to agreed timescales.
- To deliver higher complexity/level procurements and maintain the Procurement Tracker, frequently reviewing and updating and reprioritising (where agreed) the details, reporting progress to the Associate Director of Procurement and Contracts.
- Liaise and further develop strategic relationships with STPs and other Healthcare partners to identify and deliver the benefits of a collaborative approach to procurement through value for money purchasing arrangements and benchmarking initiatives.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders of all Trust Directorates /departments
Responsible as a line manager for the Procurement team staff in relation to sickness, productivity, attendance and compliance within Trust policies and procedures. Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety and Department of Health guidelines at all times.
- To support and develop the skills and experience of the procurement department staff through engagement in projects/knowledge share and professional encouragement.
- To review performance and deliverables with the Head of Category on a regular basis.