Senior Accountant | Pharma | Remote working | outside IR35
I have an amazing opportunity working for a fast growth Pharmaceutical company who are looking for a senior accountant on an interim basis for an initial 3/6 months with a view to extend.
My client is a fast paced, global business within the Pharma sector who currently entering a very exciting growth period.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for delivering timely, accurate, and compliant financial and tax information, and for implementing and maintaining processes and related controls.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Contribution to the day-to-day accounting activities associated with internal and external financial reporting for the International entities in close collaboration with the US finance team.
• Work as part of a team in implementing an ERP system and ultimately utilising the ERP and consolidation systems to their full potential.
• Prepares general accounting journal entries, maintains, and reconciles ledger accounts. enters sales, accounts receivable and bank transactional data.
• Document business procedures as processes evolve across the international entities and provide analytical review of their operations.
• Provides information to, and works with, external and internal auditors in year-end audits, quarterly reviews, and other engagements as needed.
• Business Partnering: The provision of support to budget holders across the sales & marketing organisation through financial analysis and advice to ensure the control and effective use of resources
• Forecasting: Preparation of quarterly forecasts for the full P&L (sales, promotion, overheads) in conjunction with the business.
• Working cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on accounting related issues
• Assist management with projects related to systems and process improvements while meeting deadlines.
Requirements for the role include:
• Chartered Accountant (ACA), (ACCA) qualified (or equivalent).
• Fluent in English (verbal and written). additional languages are advantageous. Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
• Accounting or finance experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry an advantage.
• Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills needed.
• Experience with Oracle & SAP ERP system beneficial but not essential.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
• Must be a strong team player who can support, challenge and influence colleagues and build relationships at all levels.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
• Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
This role requires a person who is self-motivated, dedicated and extremely switched on. You will be working in a fast-
paced environment with great people who all work together as a unit.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please apply today.