TLTP are looking for a teaching assistant with a specialism working within Special Educational Needs with young people for a primary school in Hatfield!
We are looking for a TA confident in working with Young People who have a range of special needs and our school caters for pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Speech Language and Communication difficulties.
Special needs teaching assistants will have the opportunity to work in this outstanding school withan international reputation in special education expertise, curriculum and resources.
Special needs teaching assistants must have experience working with medical needs and complex SEN needs.
This school believes that all young people should be provided with appropriate education in a safe, stable, containing learning environment.
- Special needs teaching assistant will be working with a secondary aged pupils who has severe complex needs including attachment disorder.
- Students are academic and they range from mild learning difficulties to gifted and talented.
- Special needs teaching assistants are given opportunities to succeed through the use of highly personalised individual education plans to help support their students.
- The Therapeutic Education Department works closely with the nurses, doctors and therapists at the centre and with a wide range of professionals in the community.
- Special needs teaching assistants will need excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach or similar restraint training certificate (not essential)
- Good knowledge/experience working with children with complex needs within an Special needs environment
- Special needs teaching assistants will need experience working with secondary aged pupils
- Special needs teaching assistants will be collaborating with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the pupils in relation to the curriculum
- Assessing children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and working with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
- Liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
This is a full time/long term position and will lead to permanent if successful.
The school's offers:
- A committed and enthusiastic staff.
- Quality professional development.
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of the school and to set the culture for achievement and progress for all of the pupils.
- Purposeful, happy and supportive environment with learning for all at its centre.
Apply today or call Ronni on (phone number removed) for more information!
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Refer them to us and we will pay you £250 (subject to statutory deductions) for every person we place into employment and meets our terms and conditions. Simply click (url removed)/refer to fill in a few details