Interim Finance Business Partner / Commercial Accountant required for industry leader in its field, based Stevenage, for 6 months.
FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER / COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTANT (Interim)
Our Stevenage based client requires an interim Finance Business Partner, to provide insight into performance and support the group finance team in understanding the management accounts, weekly trading report, cashflow reporting, and to provide analysis of cost base and investigation of variances.
Other duties & responsibilities:
* Forecasting (Commercial forecast and cash flow)
* Budget and Quarterly Re-forecast - manage Budget process (key assumptions, Risks/Opportunities and stakeholder engagement).
* Ensure you understand Balance Sheet and Working capital position of the business - Accruals, prepayments, and provisions to be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of accounts.
* Monthly review of overheads with key business partners.
Decision Support & Projects
* Improve management information in terms of quality and insight.
* Supporting & Influencing key commercial decisions - rounded opinions & clear recommendations.
* Proactive analysis & insight - identifying specific issues and opportunities.
* Support or lead projects to improve the business. (New Product Development, Capex, Process improvement).
* Work with Heads of Departments to help them understand their P&L account / cost base.
* Challenge business partners to clarify assumptions and drive business performance.
* Proactively build good working relationships with all internal stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience required:
* Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA accountant
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and general Office applications.
* Understanding of Sage 1000 an advantage but not essential