Are you an experienced School Finance Officer currently looking for a new challenge?
Aspire People are working closely with a Multi Academy Trust in Birmingham with the recruitment of a Finance Officer The role is full time, temporary to begin with, with the view of a permanent position for the right candidate. This role is to start as soon as possible and is perfect if you are approaching the end of a contract or if you are currently out of work and seeking a new challenge.
You will be required to support the Business Operations Manager in providing accurate and timely financial data in a format that will enable informed budget and performance monitoring information to assist in the decision-making for the Leadership Team; Governors; and Trustees. You need to have high quality organisational, ICT, numeracy, interpersonal and communication skills together with a basic knowledge of financial and purchasing processes. Whilst it would be advantageous to have knowledge of PS Financials, this is not essential since full training will be provided.
As the school finance officer, you will be required to carry out the following duties:
* Assist in the development and implementation of financial procedures of all financial transactions/activities within the Academy.
* Create purchase orders and sending order to suppliers; including being responsible for incoming goods and performing checks against orders received. Deal with all purchasing related queries.
* To oversee the management and reconciliation of petty cash; recording all transactions onto the financial system and when required, collecting and recording of money from pupils and parents.
* Process purchase invoices and posting onto the finance system.
* Process monthly sales invoices to other Academies and agencies; along with money collection and accurate recording onto the financial system.
* Chase outstanding debts.
* Support in the completion of the twice monthly BACS payments runs ie. WS and College Invoices and Expenses
* Preparation of the VAT returns on a monthly basis.
* Undertake the posting of all payments and receipts onto the finance system along with the reconciliation of the bank statements on a weekly basis.
* Manager the Student Bursary arrangements.
I am keen to speak to experienced school finance officers who are interested in working in this forward-thinking Birmingham school Please apply above and I will be in touch. Alternatively, if you know of anybody who might be interested then we offer generous referral fees!
To find out more about Aspire People head to our website www.aspirepeople.co.uk.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.