RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the Public Safety and Enterprise Security sector.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Cryptocurrency Investigator for the National Crime Agency.
This will be a remote role - working from home on a 6 month contract.Summary of job
Purpose of job
- Full time permanent position - 37 hours per week
- 6 month contract based remotely
- £235 per day
The position will be primarily responsible for conducting complex crypto analysis into cybercrime offences and other high risk typologies involving the illicit use of cryptocurrency, identifying trends and patterns within the block chain, proactively identifying emerging threats and tracing funds. The role will include working within a dynamic environment with investigators, intelligence officers and data scientists to enrich data and detect criminal funds and payments. The role requires you to be a critical thinker, proactive and manage multiple competing priorities working to deadlinesPerson specification
- Cryptocurrency investigation is a complex investigation technique which is arguably now a specialist skill requiring its own role profile. In order to "follow digital money", officers are required to understand:
- Key terminology which is evolving and changing rapidly
- Understanding of wallets and addresses
- Public and private keys
- Seeds and BIP phrases
- Understanding the various transaction routes for different platforms
- Clustering and nodes
- Tracing of forks
- Cryptocurrency forensics and dealing with encrypted wallet
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.