Are you looking for your next role in education?
LTF Recruitment are delighted to be working alongside one of our partner Alternative provisions in the Nottingham area who are looking to add a SPECIALIST TEACHING ASSISTANT to their team to work alongside their pupils with special educational needs. The role will be full time (Mon-Fri) and will be contracted until July2022 with a view to go permanent.
As a Specialist Teaching Assistant you will be required to support and maintain a high level of learner engagement through collaborative preparation and delivery of an innovative, creative and flexible curriculum. You should use a collaborative and multi-agency holistic approach to delivering an education provision which includes attention to health and safety awareness, risk management and the safeguarding of young people. The role will involve working with learners in 1:1 and small groups.
The school require someone who:
- Holds at least one years' experience of working within a school
- Holds a teaching assistant qualification or relevant degree
- Must understand SEN including Autism
- Will be able to quickly build relationships with children and staff
- Has a valid and up to date DBS
The main duties within the role will be:
- Working 1-2-1 with children
- Helping the to engage SEN pupils using a person centred approach
- Supporting children with reading, writing and working at the students level
- Liaising with the relevant agencies around pupil progress
- Helping to engage SEN pupils .
Applications will only be accepted if you meet the above criteria. To apply, please send across your CV