Job Title: PSHE TeacherPosition: Approx. 25 hours per week, temporaryLocation: West YorkshireSalary: £22.41 per hour including holiday pay
REED Further Education are recruiting a PSHE Teacher who is knowledgeable in personal, social, health and economic education to teach small groups of post 16 students based in West Yorkshire.
Our client is looking for a PSHE Teacher to join their Supported Engagement Programmes at a specialist facility where the students may not have previously achieved grades they need in order to progress, and are at risk of becoming NEET. Students in this department often have mental health and special education needs.The successful PSHE Teacher will have the following skills and qualifications:
Benefits of working for Reed Further Education:
- Minimum of a PTLLS qualification but ideally a PGCE or Cert Ed
- A sound understanding of health and wellbeing, relationships, living in the wider world, staying safe online and preparing for life and work in modern Britain.
- Experience of working with SEMH and SEN, challenging and sensitive students aged 16 - 24 years of age.
- Previous experience of understanding and handling challenging behaviour
- Ability to prepare a scheme of work and develop your own resources and materials
- Exclusive representation to leading FE colleges and training providers in the area
- 1-2-1 specialist Consultant who will search for jobs on your behalf. CV writing and job interview tips!
- The ability to sign up to a Health Cash Plan and REED Discount Club.
- Entitlement to Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay, Parental Leave and Antenatal/Pre-Adoption Appointment Payment
- Access to Training and Development - REED Assessment Centre - REED Learning.
- Eye Test and Spectacle Vouchers
If you are a PSHE Teacher and you feel you meet the criteria, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years' referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks. Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.