2 vacancies for casework officers on the post 16 team (from year 11 onwards). Must have experience and all areas on casework to be covered - including phase transfer. Remote working.
Main Purpose of Job:
• Under the direction of the SEND Manager and supported on a day to day basis by the
Senior SEND Caseworker, be responsible for a defined caseload for the purposes of EHC
assessment, EHC Plans and monitoring processes within the context of required policies
and procedures relating to County Council.
• Working closely with the casework admin officer and the senior SEND Caseworker, act
collaboratively in ensuring that a range of tasks are undertaken as required to support the
implementation of statutory SEND processes, and as set out by the Service's procedural
• To respond to general enquiries from parents and carers, schools, settings and other
agencies in relation to a range of factors relevant to the Local Authority's SEND
arrangements, taking timely and appropriate action, and/or signposting to other services and
information where appropriate.
• Draft EHC Plans, provision plans / notes in lieu of an EHC Plan, decisions and bespoke
correspondence within the legal and operational framework set by the SEND Regulations,
caselaw, the SEND Code of Practice and relevant statutory and other guidance issued by
the DfE and ESFA.
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks:
• Ensure delivery of EHC assessment and EHC Planning processes for a defined caseload in
a manner that:-
- Satisfies requirements of the Children and Families Act (2014) and other relevant current
Education Acts or legislation
- Complies with DfE guidance
- Supports and promotes Worcestershire County Council policies