To work for the Network Connections Team Leader in the delivery and organisation of engineering projects and work programmes. This includes assisting the Team Leader with the creation and organisation of a discrete work programme and the effective deployment of the workforce including work site assessments for associated direct resources and contractors.
A pre requisite of this post is to have previous knowledge and experience of working as a distribution craftsman as the post holder will be required to attend site to assess pre contract work conditions.
• Contributes as an effective team member within Network Connections.
• Prepares and designs work programs and associated engineering scheme proposals.
• Co-ordination with Contractors and Local Authorities
• Interface with Customer, Site Agent and Resources to ensure the progression of the project and acceptance of the work, dealing with issues as they arise.
• Ensure that the project approach provides benefit to both business and customer
• Receive notification of work remotely and plan and issue work to staff
• Provide management reporting as required
• Provide Site support for customer enquiries and resolution of complaints
• Use innovative IT systems and improved processes to achieve improved efficiency and increase performance.
• Compliance with Company Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Comply with external and internal levels of service
• Respond appropriately to Customer Complaints, taking ownership and resolving as appropriate
• Deliver excellent customer service to all aspects of your operation and instil this in your team and actively promotes customer service standards within area of responsibility.
• Ensure assigned resources are deployed to maximum effectiveness.
• Responsible for planning works to minimise travel and non-productive time.
• Focus on continuous improvement through quality processes
• Focus on minimising discretionary spend and ensure pro-active control of all costs.
• Either a crafts qualification, apprenticeship or S/NVQ, with proven experience in a relevant area
• Working knowledge of company Health & Safety requirements and compliance
• Working knowledge of Energy Networks policies, procedures and working practices.
• An effective and confident written and verbal communicator and Computer literacy - e.g. Microsoft Office suite