Assistant Accountant, London, Temp role, £12 p/h plus holiday pay
Our client, a heritage organisation based in London, requires an Assistant Accountant to start ASAP. It is an ongoing temporary position, and you need to be available immediately. The role is currently working remotely with an occasional visit to the office.
The successful candidate must be studying for their AAT, ACCA or equivalent.
The main duties of this Finance Assistant role include:
- Managing purchase ledger ensuring all supplier invoices are processed
- Answering any supplier queries in a timely manner
- Sending remittance statements to suppliers
- Dealing with all finance administration
- Maintaining the credit card and petty cash ledger
- Maintaining the sales ledger to ensure accuracy
- Monitoring the daily cash flow
- Producing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and month end journals
- Sending out PO and GRNI reports after every payment run
- Approving new suppliers
- Other ad hoc duties when required
The successful candidate will have a solid background in financial processing and will have previous purchase ledger experience. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organisational skills/attention to detail with the ability to prioritise effectively to ensure key deadlines are met. Must be a people's person with positive 'can do' attitude, proactive and resourceful and can work as part of a team. Proficient in using Microsoft office is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for an assistant accountant to work within a leading heritage institution. Apply today!
Due to the number of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Val Wade Recruitment are actively looking for applicants from underrepresented communities
and pride ourselves as an equal opportunities' employer and agency.