If you are considering a change of company in 2022, then you should look no further than us here at Chestertons. With so many exciting plans, significant investment and huge growth planned for this next few years, the opportunities for 2022, are in abundance and we are keen to secure lots of additional great talent for all areas of our business.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with at least 2 years PQE in finance as a management accountant/ Finance manager. This is an exciting role, working for a fast growing and highly profitable London based Estate Agency. The role reports into the Financial Controller and gives the candidates exposure to the CFO and senior employees within the business.
• Managing 3 finance team colleagues (Assistant Management Accountant, Revenue Accountant and an Accounts Assistance - Apprentice) which covers the core finance functions- payables, receivables, banking and management accounts. Responsible for staff management, development and training.
• Leading on closing month end, ensuring revenue and costs have been accurately reflected and ensuring all prepayments, accruals and balance sheet accounts are accurate.
• Prepare monthly board packs. Responsible for production of monthly detailed management accounts, this includes divisional profit and loss accounts, league tables, capex, debtors, KPI reporting, P&L and balance sheet.
• Checking monthly payroll reports (provided by payroll assistant) and ensuring the costs are correctly reflected in the accounts.
• Provide Financial Training for non-financial personnel as and when required.
• To provide cover for direct reports during periods of absence.
• Preparing balance sheets reconciliations ensuring close control is maintained.
• Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
• Preparing PSA annual calculation and return.
• Reviewing and approving payment runs.
• Assisting with the annual audit of the statutory accounts which involves preparing schedules and supporting with audit queries
• Preparing the annual Company P&L budget in a way that promotes ownership by business area.
• Assist with the implementation of new software packages.
• Providing other adhoc support as required.
• 2+ years post qualified
• Proven experience as a management accountant/ Finance manager with experience in month end reporting, annual, budgeting, and assisting with audits.
• Previous experience in managing others well
• Strong Microsoft Excel Experience (Including Vlookups and Pivot tables)
• Desirable - Experience using SAP business One
Company profile: Chestertons is a hugely successful, multi-award winning property specialist with a strong presence in London and internationally across the globe. We have over 70 offices across 17 countries and 4 continents and provide a wide variety of property services within the residential and commercial sectors, including Valuations, Sales and Lettings, Investment Agency, New Homes, Residential Development Consultancy, Property and Block Management and Leasehold Services. Chestertons has 500 employees operating out of 31 offices across the mid and prime areas of central, south west, north and east London.
Chestertons is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from anyone who is excited by the opportunity of joining us and will thoroughly consider all applications without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, up to 25 days holiday + public holidays, charity volunteer day, ride to work scheme, free annual flu injection, Rush hairdressing discount, contribution towards eye care tests, VIBE discount portal, travel club, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, my spree card, medical cash plan, free access to Royal Academy of Arts and other exclusive events, including advanced booking O2 tickets.
Start date: February 2022
You may also have experience in the following: Financial Controller, Finance Manager, , Group Controller, Management Accountant, Chief Accountant, Finance Director, Finance Controller, Company Accountant, Group Accountant, Finance Accountant, Financial Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Legal Finance etc
Ref: (Apply online only)