Butler Rose is working with the one of the largest Housing Associations based at London in their search for an experienced Development Finance Officer to join their finance Shared Service Centre team. This is a contract role and will pay £17 an hour to the successful candidate.
- Provide support to the Development and Regeneration teams with coding, accounting processes, reviewing, and compiling project activity invoices for payment.
- Maintain Project Ledger (PL) coding system. Requesting setup of new PL codes on SUN accounting system and ensuring these are input into the relevant project .
- Ensuring that invoices received have been addressed to the relevant entity as per existing arrangements and intercompany agreements.
- To ensure the VAT elements are coded correctly, tracked, and analysed for VAT return purposes.
- Keeping track of invoices within the department and ensuring timely return.
- To ensure contractors and suppliers are paid on time as per their respective terms of payment.
- Producing adhoc reports, as requested, from SUN to show life to date spend detail by project.
- Reconciling suspense entries in SUN monthly and entering journals to clear.
- Experience in preparing reconciliations of income and expenditure accounts.
- Experience of working with large volumes of financial transactions on computerised financial systems.
- Experience and knowledge of Capital Accounting (desirable).
- Previous use of SUN system (desirable)
- Experience in Sun, Q&A, and Vision are desirable.
- Effective IT skills including MS Office skills, with intermediate level skill in Excel.
- Actively studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification AAT or CCAB. (Desirable)
If you believe you would be a great fit for the role then apply now , or if you know of someone who may be interested, please let us know!
Please contact Cerys Kirby Thirlwell for further information
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.