This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading publishing, education and training provider and training based in the City of London. It is a permanent role and offers a great benefits package including study support, study leave and the potential of a four day working week.Client Details
The client is a world leading publishing and education company that provide services in nearly 200 countries worldwide. By putting consumers at the heart of everything they do, they provide the best products and learning outcomes to people across the globe.Description
The successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Draft payment/deposit instructions and ensure appropriate signatories are obtained, and payment clears bank account as expected. Liaise with contacts at RBS and BNYM when
- Complete some cash books, and complete / supervise overall cash book process.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, including control accounts and inter-company
- Completion of expense analysis, including preparation of journals for accruals and prepayments.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly cost report and annual budgeting process.
- Prepare reports on monthly investment transactions and valuation movements, prepare quarterly investment accounting Journals.
- Perform annual reconciliations (including for Additional Voluntary Contributions) and prepare appropriate journals.
- Review and maintain reporting for reimbursed pensions, from multiple providers
- File relevant
- Assist other team members as required.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be possess the following:
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, AAT etc.) OR 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel, (such as lookups, if formulas and pivot tables)
- Team player, be able to work in a busy, dynamic, supportive Pensions Finance Team
- Team player
- Ability to commute into the office (Holborn) one day a week
The successful Accounts Assistant will benefit from the following:
- Base salary up to £34,000 per annum
- Study support (courses and exams paid for)
- Study leave (2 days for each exam)
- Very competitive pension scheme (double matched contributions)
- Option of a four day working week with pro-rota salary
- Be a part of a small friendly team