Are you an Electrical & Controls Project Manager with SCADA and MES experience or an MES & Control Manager at the top of your game? Working alongside our Head of Project Engineering, as part of our national Project Engineering team, you'll create and lead our Engineering Technology & Control strategy from Bakery to Board Room.
Based from our Bolton Head Office, with flexibility to work remotely with working nationally throughout our Bakery network, our Project Engineering team are dedicated to Engineering Excellence and continuous improvement. This role will be aligned to our national bakery network and therefore based anywhere in the UK.
We are proud to be leading and developing a team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation.The Recipe
As "Britain's Best Loved Food Brand" we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
We're going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement.
Our Engineering team are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we're looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire our teams.
We are looking for you to be the expert in Control Systems & Automation across multiple sites. We will be looking to you to build an understanding of business requirements, working alongside our site and support teams, to build a national strategy. Through data-analysis, business partnering and supplier relationships you will be able to interpret the Technology requirements, identify trends and ways of working to support our site operations.
You will already have experience of working with Senior Leadership teams with the ability to manage and motivate teams, directly, indirectly and remotely, using your experience and knowledge to guide and influence. You will also have experience in supplier relationship management, successfully using these relationships to keep up-to-date with changing technologies. We are looking for you to be an excellent relationship builder and team player, with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups, exhibiting the leadership and strategic skills that this role requires.
As our Automation & Control Manager you will possess a broad knowledge of business processes and emerging technology solutions. Working with both business and functional strategies you will rise to the challenge to help deliver on National objectives.
We are looking for you to:
- Establish effective partnering relationships with the Business Leaders, Senior Managers, across relevant business areas to drive the development and delivery of operational technology applications to enable business strategy.
- Be a subject matter expert for Automation & Control Systems and leadership of related capital projects
- Have the ability to evaluate and mitigate risk to ensure effective operations
- To establish and manage strategic supplier relationships. Ensuring that services provided are to the required standard to support the business.
- To provide user support and training for operational technology systems. Ensuring that support process is adhered to and critical business processes are conducted.
- You'll be an expert in Manufacturing Control Systems, including Electrical, PLC, SCADA, MES & ERP Integration
- Excellent knowledge of IoT technologies for an industrial setting
- Working knowledge in IT Systems, including network design
- Proven experience in full lifecycle project delivery
- An Engineer with experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive quality, cost, reliability and safety performance.
- Driven by solutions with a positive approach, ideas and innovation motivated
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Continued personal development with an eye for developing and encouraging talent within your team
- Understanding of managing people and leading by example
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BEng or equivalent
- Living our culture and values, the writing is on the wall, this is Warburtons!
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread's worth;
- Family time and your time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so as well as your five weeks holiday, we'll give you the option to purchase an extra 5 days each year
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme